Regain The Full Complement Of Teeth With Complete & Partial Dentures Ottawa
Complete and partial dentures are the two treatment options available to people who are missing some or all of their teeth. Both of these fake teeth replacement options offer fixed and removable alternatives, each with their respective advantages and limitations. Book an appointment at our family dental clinic in Downtown Ottawa to learn more about our complete and partial dentures!
Complete & Partial Dentures Ottawa
Removable & Permanent Dentures In Downtown Ottawa
Regain The Full Complement Of Teeth With Ottawa Dentures
Complete and partial dentures are the two treatment options available to people who are missing some or all of their teeth. Both of these fake teeth replacement options offer fixed and removable alternatives, each with its respective advantages and limitations. Book an appointment at our family dental clinic in Downtown Ottawa to learn more about our complete and partial dentures!
About Complete & Partial Dentures in Ottawa, ON
- Fixed Partial Dentures: Fixed partial dentures are synonymous with dental bridges. They are sets of prosthetic teeth that are permanently attached either to the adjacent natural teeth or are held in place by two or more dental implants. When compared to their removable counterparts, fixed partial dentures restore significantly more functionality of the normal bite.
- Removable Partial Dentures: Removable partial dentures can best be described as sets of prosthetic replacement teeth that are held in place by several metal clasps. As the term “removable” suggests, this type of denture can be removed and reinserted without professional help.
- Removable Complete Dentures: For dental patients who are missing all of their teeth on one or both arches in the mouth, a removable complete denture is one treatment option available. We work very closely with our carefully selected dental labs in order to ensure that the final denture fits well, feels comfortable, and is functional.
- Fixed Complete Dentures: In recent years, fixed complete dentures became available to edentulous patients, thanks to the introduction of dental implants. A fixed complete denture is held securely in place by several dental implants that are embedded in the jawbone, which stimulates bone growth and creates a solid foundation. The two main benefits of having complete dentures secured by dental implants are improved functionality (bite) and minimized bone resorption (loss).
- Dental Implant Options: It is important to point out that dental crowns, dental bridges, partial and complete dentures can all be “implant-supported,” meaning that these false teeth restorations can be “fixed,” or permanently attached, to dental implants.
“We excel at providing quality dental care at Downtown Ottawa dental clinic through advanced technology and the implementation of the latest, proven best practices.”